20 April 2012

WWF-Canada CN Tower Climb 2012


I was given this bright neon orange volunteer t-shirt when I went to help set up for the CN Team Climb yesterday. I am exhausted now from carrying many tables and chairs but it was good to do as a full body work out. I'm going to rest my muscles today in preparation for tomorrow.

I am feeling very excited to be participating in the Public Climb tomorrow. Registration is between 6am and 10am, I plan to get there early but I will see how I well I sleep/wake up/feel in the morning. I plan to walk up the stairs slowly but surely and I will be satisfied that I completed with my PB! (personal best time)

I feel proud and appreciate my friends who are volunteers for WWF-Canada at this event yesterday and on Saturday from 5am! I am thankful to those that donated and grateful to everyone that has been encouraging and supportive; especially Branden, I love you and thank you so much.

I remember how exhausted I felt walking up 10 flights of stairs last year before I started focussing on getting fit. I feel good that I am now looking forward to climbing up 144 flights of one of the world's tallest towers!

"I can do it" 

"WWF was established in 1961 and operates in more than 100 countries, with over five million supporters worldwide. WWF’s mission is to stop the degradation of the planet’s natural environment and to build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature by conserving the world’s biological diversity; ensuring that the use of renewable natural resources is sustainable; and promoting the reduction of pollution and wasteful consumption."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you :-)

Lea White said...

Good luck! Let us know how it goes!