18 April 2012

"It helps to have brests"

This is what I told a man in the elevator in our building today! He said I would be cold running outside and so I told him that I was training indoors for the 'CN Climb' by walking up the stairs a few times and then using the elevator down after each set. He asked if it is tiring to do and I responded "it helps to have brests" ...I was going to say breaks then changed it to say rests = brests. I giggled to myself most of the way up the next set ;)

Well I walked up 150 floors with brests! I took over an hour to do five sets of 30 floors including short rests using the elevator down between sets. I am feeling a lot more confident about doing this challenge now then I felt yesterday. I have found a few ways that help maintain my sugar/BP levels so this didn't affect me that much today as it did yesterday. I feel proud that I climbed a few more floors than the CN tower today, although when I do climb up the 1776 stairs on Saturday I won't have big 'brests' ;)

"1. Stress improvement, not perfection (or winning). 2. Don't take yourself too seriously; laugh at yourself and have fun. 3. Set attainable goals; reach them and then set higher ones. 4. Be positive, walk tall, smile often, don't complain or procrastinate. 5. Prepare purposely, but don't overtrain. 6. Remember- Sports is a game and meant to be enjoyable."
                                               
-Dick Gould, Stanford tennis

1 comment:

Lea White said...

Ha-ha-ha "brests"

Post a Comment