26 February 2012

I did it my way

Distance: 10.03 km
Time: 1:03:53
Avg Pace: 6:22 min/km

I didn’t run with the group in the city today instead I decided to run on my own along the waterfront path. I am so glad I made this choice as it reminded me of the many reasons why I chose running as a way to keep fit.
It was cold but fortunately not windy which made it a lovely day to be outside. I really enjoyed running in the brilliant sunshine and felt blessed to see the glistening water. It was lovely to see dogs playing in the park and many different birds along the way.

I was grateful to be running in daylight with brightly dressed runners, walkers and cyclists next to the lake and trees. I realised how much more relaxing it is to run on a recreational two way path than it is to run risks in the city crossing busy roads and dodging darkly dressed downtowners on the sideWALK.

I do not know if I will continue running with the group in the city but I do want to keep running. It is challenging, exhausting and not always enjoyable but I know its worth it in the long run.

"You have a choice. You can throw in the towel, or you can use it to wipe the sweat off of your face."--Gatorade

2 comments:

Lea White said...

Good on you! I think it is really important to find a way that works for you! I also like going out on my own, but then found our Saturday training group so supportive, but then we didn't run in busy city streets though. Don't think I can run in streets like that!

Well done Bronwyn.

Thanks for your lovely comment! And thanks for sharing your running adventures. I like following your progress!

Genis Pieterse said...

Great time Bronwyn!

A 10km/h run is no small achievement, I mentioned to Tanya that it seems as if every run is an 'adventure' run for you, its great to read your progress and think what stories you can tell one day, even if they don't seem funny right now.

Good luck with the running!

Genis

Post a Comment