I am trying to follow the running room's half marathon clinic schedule now. Sunday's run is a 9km route. I am going away for the weekend so I am going to try to do this distance on my own tomorrow...
I have mixed feelings about doing this as it is further than I think I have run before and my calf muscle is starting to ache. I don't think it is hurting enough not to run but it would be a good reason not to (excuse?). I will see how it goes.
I will not do the same route that the group will run on Sunday as that is through town and I battle to run through the city side walks as well as navigate my way around town, dodge pedestrians, look for traffic, skip over drains and be mindful of traffic lights.
I will slowly jog down the waterfront path that I used to regularly walk along in the Summer. I have run along this path twice in the early stages of this journey three months ago. I am looking forward to feeling the difference in my fitness level now.
“Success isn't how far you got, but the distance you travelled from where you started.”
1 comment:
Good luck with this! I'm sure you can do it :-). Hopefully your calf muscle will be fine. My left calf muscle is a bit sore at the moment.
Post a Comment