24 February 2012

Mind over matter

It was good to have had a good run. I ran a 5km route through the city with my running group last night. Running through the city at night presents a few challenges for me such as people, old ladies waving walking sticks, litter, vomit, grates, darkness, unfamiliar area, cars, cabs...to name a few. I tried not to focus on these things as I was determined to keep my mind motivated to run which kept my body moving. I am working on my mental fitness now!

I ran faster than I usually run these city routes and it felt tiring but good. I think I could have run faster which is good feeling as I usually run very slowly and am often at the back of the group but this time I was in the middle. I tried to keep with other runners as it was an unfamiliar route for me and the stop lights split the group apart. I am glad to be learning my way around the city more by doing these runs.

When I finished the route my watch showed my heart rate was 101%?? I will check the settings on this...

We are meant to get 10 - 15cm of snow today, this would be more than we have had in total this season. It doesn't look as though we will get any snow though. I would love to go sledding for the first time but I also hope the route is clear for Sunday's 10km run. Its going to be a good 'un!

There are really only two requirements when it comes to exercise.  One is that you do it.  The other is that you continue to do it.  ~The New Glucose Revolution for Diabetes

1 comment:

Lea White said...

Well done! You are doing so well to go out in cold weather!

Post a Comment