http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilates
I have been going to Pilates twice a week almost every week this year as well as a few yoga classes. I feel these classes have helped me in many ways. There are lots of sites online listing many benefits of Pilates for runners. Here are a few ways I feel it has made me a more efficient runner:
I have been going to Pilates twice a week almost every week this year as well as a few yoga classes. I feel these classes have helped me in many ways. There are lots of sites online listing many benefits of Pilates for runners. Here are a few ways I feel it has made me a more efficient runner:
- I am now more aware of how my body moves and balances
- I feel my back and knees are stronger (old injuries don't affect my running anymore)
- I don't ache much when I run and my muscles recover quickly without much stiffness
- I am aware of my breathing and how it affects my heart rate (stress & energy levels)
- I have a much better posture when I run now
- I am more comfortable and confident when I run
- I keep my mind and face more relaxed than I used to... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment