Chip time 2:03:15 PB
|
"I'm not slow, I just enjoy the course!"
This was the first time I had run a race in heavy rain. I was one of only a few wimps that kept a plastic poncho on for the entire race. I was grateful that I didn't get too wet though (or chafe or cold)
I realised how much better I felt running in cooler weather as I didn't get overheated/dehydrated/dizzy. It was a bit tricky dodging runners through mud and puddles on the crowded narrow paths though.
Out of the 5500 registered runners there are only just over 3000 finish chip times recorded. I am sure the weather put some people off participating but I saw a few timing chips floating in puddles that had soaked off shoes and mine had also started to peel off.
I am pleased that I finished 11 minutes faster than last year. I would be thrilled with a sub 2hour finish however that is not my main goal. The way I feel while I run is important to me as well as how I feel and recover afterwards.
I did not train properly for this race but I feel I did enough training. I felt I challenged myself with out straining. I felt pleased with my race preparation and happy with how comfortable I felt running. I know the cooler weather and mostly flat course also contributed a lot to this.
There was an unkempt man on a park bench who enthusiastically cheered on all the runners. I think this is the same man who cheered us on in the same place last year. He called out my favourite affirmation to me "you can do it!" :)
I thank all the spectators, marshals and bands for cheering us on in the rain.
I appreciate all the runners from all over the world who share their experiences and suggestions online. Thank you!
I am very grateful to super Bran for being so supportive and helpful. Thank you!
& I thank you!
My next race is the Poppy Half marathon in Bexhill-on-sea on 10 November 2013.
No comments:
Post a Comment