16 January 2012

Blog is up & running again but I am not ;)

I have been away for a few weeks and did not blog or jog much. I confess I did not do any training at all for two weeks over the Christmas/New year period. I did run almost every day for the week after that though. The last few days I have not done any training as an old back injury has flared up. I am treating this with rest, ice packs, arnica and ibuprofen. As well as prayer & positive attitude!

I am looking forward to using my new running related toys. I now have a 405 Garmin watch with heart rate monitor. It will be great to know and keep track of the distance I run when I train outside now. I am still figuring out how to use these and have not taken them on a run yet. I also bought a high visibility (bright pink) running vest and little mp3 player with lots of energising music. I highly recommend Ministry of sound's 2012 - Running Trax cds.

I feel inspired to run and I am really grateful that I enjoy it as much as I do as I realise it has a positive impact on my energy level, mood, confidence, weight and health. I hope to be up & running again soon!

“Don’t give up when you still have something to give, cause nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.”

1 comment:

Genis Pieterse said...

Hi Bronwyn,

Excellent watch. I have the Garmin 305 and it is really a wonderful aid.

I just told Tanys, I con't run with music. It breaks my concentration as I focus more on the music then on running.

Keep it up.

Regards

Genis

Post a Comment