21 November 2011

Slow but steady progress

I ran for the first time on the treadmill today. I walked for 10 minutes and ran for 20 minutes. I really enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would and it was easier than I had imagined it to be. It was fun! ("Sweat = Bliss"~Christopher Bergland)
I am going to start ice skating as another way to get fit. I can skate although I dont know how to stop properly...so I would like to learn techniques to be a safer skater and to build my confidence on the ice. I start skating lessons tomorrow night and the course is an hour a week for four weeks. I am very grateful that the ice rink is nearby and is free to use and there is a gym in our building which is also free to use. I have made a commitment to myself to make good use of these places to keep fit and keep warm while I train through Winter. I may just need to remind myself of this blog post when the temperatures drop below freezing. If that is the case, then here is a note to self: "Go get your skates on!"

No comments:

Post a Comment