A couple days ago J & I went for a run and unfortunately I lost my bondi band: www.bondiband.com It is a head band made out of strong wicking material which holds my unruly hair back and absorbs sweat very well. I bought it in Toronto at the start of trying to get fit. That was almost exactly two years ago. So it has literally come a long way with me.
Photo: http://runbronwynrun.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/21k-in-218.html
I realised it was missing halfway into the run (as the sweat poured into my eyes and I wiped it away into frizzy hair.) I try not to be too sentimental or superstitious with things but it was very special and helpful to me so I was disappointed.
Today I woke up and I had a bad feeling, and it was not because I didn't have my headband. I started to wonder if maybe I should not go for a run in case something bad happened. I was probably just feeling tired and not in the mood to run.
I then remembered a lesson that I had been reminded of the day before: the way we start a day and the things we say and think affects the rest of the day. So I decided to make my mental mantra 'its a good day - something good will happen' and....it was a good day and something good did happen....
I found my bondi band! We were trying to find a new route and got a bit lost and in doing so overlapped a small section of Wednesday's route. Someone had picked the band up and hung it on a gate post that we went through. (eek, it must have been soaked in sweat!)
It was amazing that we passed through this gate to find it as it was only the second time I had ever run through this area.
I was so pleased and grateful. I had a spring in my step and extra energy after that point. I know this energy was not from of the bondi band...well....it was because of it. I was so pleased I had found it that I had extra energy after that and I finished the run and the day feeling good. :)
“running is 90% mental, and the rest is physical.”*
Four weeks until Oxford half marathon race. I want to try focus on only feeling good about it from now on and hopefully I will feel good during it and afterwards too!
*I enjoyed this blog post: www.mind-over-matter-the-mental-game-of-running
No comments:
Post a Comment