I seem to start so many blog posts with similar words to..."I have not been running regularly recently" Yet it is the case again as I have not run in the last few weeks but I don't feel guilty as it was a healing time. I have been enjoying walking with Becky and her new born baby and I have loved going to Pilates and kettle bell classes. (I am still one of the weakest in class but I want teach Pilates one day)
Yesterday I ran on the treadmill for the first time in about 3 weeks and today it felt good to run 5km outdoors. I now feel ready to get back to running regularly again! :) Tomorrow Bran & I are going for our first cycle ride since we moved back to England 10 months ago!
Last month was a year since I ran my first half marathon race. I thought so much about my friends who were participating in this race in Toronto last month. I also remember how grateful I am that Bran, Pete & Joan came out to support me, thank you. I supported and cheered on my friends from a few hundred miles away. I am very proud of them and so I am using this post to say well done to Clans and congratulations to Christa & Conny for finishing their first half marathon!
Well done to Shamita for finishing her first full marathon!
A very big congratulations to Genis for completing the 'Toughest foot race on earth' last month.
If you would like to read more about his impressive journey follow his blog link: http://theroadtomds.blogspot.co.uk
Well done to Tanya for participating in Addo Elephant 46,5km trail run (a year ago Tanya had not run further than 10km)
I was also very proud to recently find this inspiring article on the 'not so amateur Dominic': http://missbexx.com/2013/01/09/not-so-amateur-dominic-kreutzner/
Thank you all for sharing your fitness goals and achievements with me, they are an inspiration and my motivation.
No comments:
Post a Comment