I do not think it is an attractive or inviting place but the fitness instructors I have met make it a better place to be. I am particularly grateful to Sophie who has a very natural, friendly and approachable manner. She makes me feel at ease with her compassionate approach without being condescending which I really appreciate. In subtle ways she motivates me to put the extra effort into exercising there. I am now more inspired to train to support others to work on their fitness and well being too.
I had intended to put this blog post together to list the things that I was concerned about joining a fitness centre in hope it would reassure others that have similar reasons for not becoming a member. There are various ways and places to work on fitness goals but I have found incorporating the leisure centre as one of those places is good for me. I think it would be beneficial to share some of the positive things I have personally experienced going our local leisure centre which I am grateful for.
- learning new things
- group classes
- good challenges
- feeling stronger
- feeling more confident
- feeling fitter
- improved posture
- meeting local people
- interacting on par with others
- choice of level of exertion/effort/exercise
- knowing people around you are also making an effort to help improve themselves and keep themselves fit and healthy (and are also sweating)
- routine
- going regularly I get the comfort of the familiarity of surroundings there
- discovering I have core strength
- avoiding adverse wintry conditions
- avoiding adverse summery conditions
- close to home
- the feel good factor each time I improve doing something
- it is very calming concentrating on a particular movement
- learning to breath in a beneficial way
- work on different muscles
- there is a variety of ways to exercise there
- learning ways to help others
http://www.better.org.uk/leisure/carterton-leisure-centre
No comments:
Post a Comment