3 May 2013

If you happy and you know it

say hooray - "HOORAY!" Its Friday :)

The last few weeks I have run with 2 friends and their 2 dogs. I have really enjoyed it, well not the exhausting part of running but it is a good challenge and I know the more I do it the better I feel while doing it and afterwards.

What I do enjoy is running with them in such lovely scenery. I enjoy chatting along the way when I can manage to spare my breath for words. I am not fit enough to do this much yet so I mostly just listen if I can keep up to hear.

We have had really good weather for running as it has been quite warm, dry and sunny the last couple weeks. I really enjoy seeing the scenic countryside and to be running through it feels awesome :) I am so grateful to be learning the public routes that J & W have discovered running in the surrounding fields and farms.

Today's route was my favourite so far. Part of the route was along the 'Palladian way'
Here is a pic of most of the scenic route we did today:
I then went to the leisure centre to swim - HOORAY. I was anxious to use the pool so had not swum there since I became a member but I have swam there twice this week and enjoyed it. I do still have a few 'hang ups' about it but its worth working through them. I'm now singing :

'Whoa-oa-oa! I feel good, I knew that I would, now
I feel good, I knew that I would, now So good, so good...." ;)


One day I will put a blog post together for anyone feeling nervous to use a gym/leisure centre as it might help to know what to expect and the way things are at our local leisure centre. For example: the poolside locker rooms are co-ed - I got a fright walking in and seeing two men in there but there are private changing booths.
Anyway I will make a list and blog about it another day. For now here is a link about exercise as antidote for anxiety: exercise-anxiety-antidote

I really appreciate my gym membership and running with Jacki as I know it helps me to keep fit and I want to help others do the same. I will try add some running/cycling routes to this blog. I also want to add blog post about my Pilates and Kettle Bell classes and some upcoming events but today is too sunny to be indoors typing. I just wanted to update this now with how I am feeling to remind myself how good it feels to be keeping fit. I hope to inspire others to do the same.

"Movement is a medicine for creating change
in a person's physical, emotional, and mental states."
Carol Welch

 

No comments:

Post a Comment