15 February 2013

Update

I have registered for Blen 10 and Oxford half :)

Blenheim 10km - 6 October 2013 (British Heart Foundation)
http://www.bhf.org.uk/get-involved/events/runs/half-marathons/blenheim-palace--half-marathon.aspx

Oxford Half Marathon - 13 October 2013 - (Helen & Douglas House)
http://www.oxfordhalfmarathon.co.uk

It is just over one month until Carterton 10k - ('Help the Hereos'). I have not run more than 5km at once since October last year!  I need to/want to/will run more.

I have been running on the treadmill at gym though. Today I am going to run outdoors for the first time in a long time as it is sunny & dry.

I have just heard from my friend that started getting fit by running regularly at about the same time I started to - just over a year ago. We both had not ever run more than 10km before at that stage. She has recently run 2 x 30km training runs and is preparing for a 45km race next month! I am impressed & inspired!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tanya said...

Thank you x
I've discovered trail running and find it far more challenging and rewarding than road running.
Very much what your doing.

Bruce Fordyce recently introduced park running in SA. 5km park trails and regularly travels oversees to participate especially in England.

Post a Comment