24 June 2014

Running

In the last few months I have been practising taking photos with a new camera so I have been going for walks with my camera more regularly than going running.

I do still go running but it is a more enjoyable jog as I am now running on my own and not training for any races so I am not running as fast or as far or as often as I used to.

Sometimes I go for a short and fast run in our neighbourhood and sometimes it's a slow and long run/walk. Lately I have been going for more short and slow jogs.

When I go jogging on my own I use this time as a mindful practice now. Even when I go 'running' I enjoy walking part of the route now particularly when the weather is warm and the scenery is lovely. I love being surrounded by nature and this encourages me to run to experience more of it.

I rest whenever I want to and I can appreciate the peacefulness of countryside and the quiet villages, I stop to take photos with my phone or absorb the view which I missed doing when I was pushing myself to train for a race goal or keeping pace with my running buddy.

My running/fitness goals may change in the future but for now I am enjoying jogging this way as it is still beneficial for me and it does not put as much wear on my body and I find it is a more relaxing and enjoyable way to keep fit as well as swimming and the fitness classes I do.

I'm going to go for a jog in the countryside now for peace sake ...

No comments:

Post a Comment