I went for a walk along part of the route of the 10k race today. I see a lot of people walking with dogs around this area as this lane runs alongside the country park next to farmers fields. I saw people walking down Kilkenny lane towards me with their cat following them. This was the first time I had seen a cat in this area.
I said hello to them and stroked the friendly cat which rolled over - to be fussed or exhausted... I found out the cat had followed them a couple kilometres already and apparently it often does.
They walked on down the lane towards a busy road so I worried about the cat heading that direction but the cat decided to followed me up the lane instead. They told me not to worry as 'he knows his way home' and they walked on out of sight.
It was fascinating that this cat was walking with me up the lane. I appreciated the moment as there were no other people, cars or houses in sight.
I sent these pics to a couple friends and wondered if they would think I had taken our geriatric old Lady out for a walk. Ginger did ;)
I wondered how far this cat was going to follow me and I was glad no dogs were around while it was with me... fortunately after a few minutes I saw the couple walking back up the lane and they called the cat. I walked home trying not to worry about it's fate as they crossed the dog park.

No comments:
Post a Comment