![]() |
| Blenheim |
I really enjoyed jogging through and around Blenheim Palace Parkland last Sunday. http://www.Walks_Blenheim_Palace_Park.html
I hadn't realised there are so many fields of sheep on their grounds. I had not planned a route but I found enough way markers to find my way around (a small part of the2000 acres) and I went out the park through part of a neighbouring village Combe.
This was the first time I had run in this area apart from recently running the BHF 10K race there. I have been on a few walks in the grounds with B and enjoyed a few picnics there as it is such a lovely setting. We have made good use of our buy one day ticket and get 12 months free deal for £21pp. I also recently discovered I can use £5 Tesco vouchers to get tokens for a day pass and then use this to get an annual pass which is best option for us. http://www.tesco.com/clubcard/deals
While I was exploring I was pleased to find there are public footpaths which allow free entry into the grounds. I found this AA walking route online http://www.theaa.com/walks/blenheim-palace-parkland-420818 which is a scenic route I have walked with B. You would need to find parking outside and can enter parkland without a ticket using the pedestrian gates on public footpaths. I look forward to doing this walk with our visitors.
I exited the park following the way markers over steps which had been built over the dry stone wall into a field where a few cars had parked. I re-entered the grounds at Combe gate through a turnstile pedestrian gate which had limited parking. Apparently there are four ways to enter the grounds which I had not known about and wonder how many people do. This blogger mentioned entering through gate no. 95... http://rodgers.org.uk/archives/34
I had heard about people entering the park through back gates without paying but I had thought this was done on the sly but I realise now they are using a right of way. This link to OS map show the rights of way: http://getamap.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/getamap


No comments:
Post a Comment