24 January 2013

Joining a gym

The roads and paths are not cleared or gritted here during winter so they are either too icy, muddy or snowy to run. I have been walking regularly but that does not have give me the benefits that running does.

I went to find out more about carterton-leisure-centre today. I was taken on a tour through the small gym by a friendly trainer who tried to reassure me that the machines are easy to use. I trust that the one called 'the abductor' is nothing to fear. Tomorrow I will have an induction session using the equipment. (I will guard against gym germs)

I think it will be awkard working out so close to others but I am sure I will feel more confident there soon. I will now be more empathetic when I encourage others who may feel insecure working out in a gym.

I am looking forward using the pool and I would also like to try a few different classes that are offered there such as pilates and yoga. It will be a good way for me to interact with people and get to know the local community.

I prefer to run outdoors and I miss being able to run along the lakefront in Toronto but I am sure I will make good use of the leisure centre. I am very grateful to receive a very good membership offer and I am glad to have this place to work on my goals. This is a big step out of my comfort zone but I think its a step worth taking and I know getting fit takes many steps ;)

"I may not be there yet, but I’m closer than I was yesterday"- http://gympump.com/motivational-quotes/
"A year from now you will wish you had started today" Karen Lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment