23 July 2013

July


I love the philosophy of the 'zen of running' https://www.blogger.com/blogger.zenofrunning

I would love that concept to be the focus of my running regime. As something as natural as running for exercise is; I seem do a lot of preparation and put on a lot of equipment to do it. It feels as though I am gearing up as a special task force agent ....I even have a holster and an ear piece.

Here is my preparation in no particular order: (and I'm sure this won't be all of it)
  • clip and tie hair back
  • sun cap (with sweat band)
  • face sun cream
  • body sun cream
  • brush teeth, put deodorant on (put 'body glide' on if long run)
  • sunglasses on (ones that don't slip)
  • mp3 player (remember to charge) clipped on and ear piece try tuck through clothes
  • Garmin watch (remember to charge) over a sweat band
  • clip on foot gps
  • heart rate monitor
  • sports bra
  • technical t-shirt or singlet with shorts/leggings
  • running jacket
  • calf guards
  • lip gloss
  • drink water hour before
  • eat before I go but not too close before I go something that wont upset stomach
  • take antihistamine
  • go to toilet
  • pack replacement tissues, phone (remember to charge) to an already stocked waist belt
  • fill hydration belt bottles with water and sports drink
  • think of the general route I will take if going alone, contact friend if meeting up 
  • send Bran a message that I'm going, general direction 
  • (sometimes) warm up stretches
  • oh and put running shoes on
Maybe barefoot & zen running is the blissful way to go as there is far less to remember/prepare. I feel envious of those who just slip on some trainers and go for a run.

I don't take much time to do all of this prep though as I have got it organised so everything is in easy reach to run through this regime to go running.

When I go to the gym/leisure centre I just put on clothes, shoes and pick up my gym bag and I don't feel I need to do much else at all.

I know some of the things I do is just to lessen anxiety while out. I feel I need to go through the list of things I do when I go running outdoors to see if I can go without doing some of these things - but I know I will find it difficult to choose which ones I will feel anxious about not doing - especially the lip gloss!


No comments:

Post a Comment