20 September 2012

Update

Happy is he who still loves something he loved in the nursery: He has not been broken in two by time; he is not two men, but one, and he has saved not only his soul but his life." ~G.K. Chesterton

when I was 6
I think my training for the next half marathon race is going ok despite not following a specific training schedule. I would have followed the Running Room's training program if my energy had not been diverted by 'the move'. I feel fitter than when I trained for my last race even though I have run shorter distances and at a slower pace - "slowly but surely eh?" The farthest I have run since the last race is only 14km. On Saturday I plan to run 16k and the following week 18k and then I will taper off training for the two weeks before race day. 

I miss running along Toronto's waterfront path but I enjoy the scenery I have running here. It took a while for me to find a suitable, safe and long enough route to run here. I have found one using bridle paths, foot paths, cycle lanes and restricted roads. About half of the route is off road and so I need to focus on finding a flat footing in the fields (and dodging horse poo). I'm sure it could get very muddy but fortunately it has not rained much since we have been back. I am pleasantly surprised that I have not experienced running in the rain yet...but when I do, I hope to run with enthusiasm and sing 'I'm running in the rain, what a glorious feeling, I'm happy again'

No comments:

Post a Comment